Working with Urbanology Designs, this family’s kitchen was completely re-modeled to achieve a number of goals ranging from opening the area up to the family room, having more island room for family and friend events, and of course, more “kitchen” — cabinets and cupboard space.
PROJECT: Kitchen Remodel (Grand Prairie, Texas)
HOME: 3288 sf built 2005
OBJECTIVE: More Family and Kitchen Space with up to date design
DURATION: 8 Weeks (Spring 2017)
- Expansion — Remove wall to open kitchen to living.
- Windows — Reduce size of breakfast dining window to allow for more cabinet/countertop space
- Flooring — Blended in new wood flooring to match the wood flooring already installed throughout the 1st floor.
- Lighting — New LED Cans, Island/Sink/Coffee Bar/Dining Lighting.
- Pantry — Installed taller 8′ door to allow access to 10′ ceiling in pantry. Installed Elfa shelving to get efficient use of space.
- Countertops — Honed Black Granite for sink area and Walnut Butcher Block for Island and Coffee Bar.
- Custom Storage — Paper Towel Drawer, Utensil Pull-up Drawer and drawer wired for charging electronics.
- Vent Hood — Custom Wood Stained Vent Hood to match countertops (island and coffee bar).
- and …. much more .. see gallery below.