DURATION: 10 Days
The following photo gallery shows the before pictures along with the resulting work. You can “click” on each photo to enlarge and see any additional information. Further scope details and lessons learned follow below.
- Structural – New jet tub platform
- Cabinets – Replaced and stained to match cedar on walls.
- Countertops – Replace with Blue Pearl granite
- Backsplash – 4″ matching granite — Blue Pearl
- Electrical – Replace all switches and plugs with Decora™ outlets
- Lighting – N/A
- Appliances – N/A
- Plumbing – Replace vanity sinks and all fixtures. Installed new jet tub with a custom installation of the fixtures. Installed new shower fixture and cleared clogged drain.
- Shower — Replaced with new pan and walls. Integrated seat into configuration.
- Walls – Remove wallpaper and texture / paint.
- Flooring – Replaced with 12×12″ tile that was also installed around jet tub platform.
NOTE: Client was a Direct Buy customer. Plumbing fixtures, tub and tile purchased through Direct Buy.
- Jet Tub — Always make sure you can get the new tub into the bathroom. Fortunately, the window next to the tub could be removed and re-installed.
- Shower Ceiling — Many homes in the area during the 1970’s and 1980’s had showers with fur-down ceilings — which meant that the shower felt like a cave — plus didn’t have much room for tall individuals. Although this client did not remove this ceiling, I strongly recommend that all clients remove them — it really makes the shower (and room) feel much larger.